Friday 8 January 2010

Winter Walk.







And still the snow continues.........
As I type this more flakes of the white stuff are falling from the sky and I am becoming au fait with the careful negotiation needed to avoid falling flat on one's bum! The walk that I did yesterday with my friend Linda was just what I needed to lift my spirits, the sky was a perfect sky blue and the sun beat down relentlessly albeit with rays that were too far away to make a jot of difference to the sub zero temperature. We had more of the same today but I stayed home and made cushions from some gorgeous vintage linen that I've had kicking around for a while.
This year I've made a pact with myself to use what I already have when it comes to crafting and repurposing fits nicely into that category (and also in my quest to be more green savvy.) The cushion that I made has its very own collection of old pearl buttons!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Ginie, and I'm delighted to follow! Your walk in the snow and the silence there reminds me of when we lived in Colorado. Now we're in Texas, in a mid-size city, and walking is not so lovely.

    Good for you for living green - I do the same and sometimes it's hard, but I have my very green, vegetarian daughter to spur me on!

    Love the pillow, too!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, I'm really enjoying my green crusade so far but I realise I have a long way to go yet! Lucky you having a daughter with the same principles, my daughters are not so green but they're learning - along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows are gorgeous, they will add luxurious touch to any interior:)
    I love the pics, so much snow. I've never seen England in snow yet, it's something I have to see with my own eyes to believe:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I don't remember ever having this much snow, it's great for the kids but a lot of the adults are getting tired of it now, personally I love it, just don't ask me to drive anywhere !!

    ReplyDelete